Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 2010 Creative Writers!

Hey Guys,

Let's resurrect this blog baybee! This is a space for UBC Creative Writing students to talk about anything. It is a sorta virtual community where we can talk about what matters to us.

Tons of incredible things came out of today's Brown Bag meeting. Couldn't make it? Shannon will be posting the audio recording soon. We are going to try to synthesize all your great ideas and present them at a faculty meeting in the near future.

If anybody is into being a part of a sort of Creative Writing Student Union, please let Shannon or I know and we will amalgamate our brains to put all this awesomeness into action.

Thanks for your participation today. I'm so excited by all the amazing potential of all the ideas brainstormed today. You guys rock.

5 comments:

Ben Rawluk said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but important mundane home-life stuff had to happen for once.

I'm totally into being involved in the CRWR Student Union.

Brie said...

Sweet! That's awesome Ben. We will let you know what's happening once we have the logistics worked out. :o)

erikat said...

I don't want to be a bother but, rather than posting the audio it may make sense to post a transcription of some of the relevant points. I understand why it was taped but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the whole conversation being posted for public consumption.
I'm pretty good at transcription and would be happy to help with that.

akb said...

audio recording?! i didn't know it was being taped at all! i might have missed that.

Brie said...

Totally! Shannon has written up a summary of what came out of the BB and we will post that instead. Everything will be anonymous. Thanks for raising this good point.